Friday, March 11, 2011

earthquake in japan personal recap



Yesterday @ this time i didnt know anything about the earthquake. I didnt find out till 1:40 am. By the time my boyfriend came home from work he told me to change the channel to the news because a big 8.9 earthquake had hit Japan & that some aftershocks were causing tsunamis & the waves could even reach Cali, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, & Mexico. The waves were 33 feet tall & 12 hours after the first earthquake hit the streets were stopped as if time stood still & in 6 hours the cars had only moved 6 miles. Japanese friends here are really scared & shocked & wonder how there family is doing in Japan. But right now the only way you can communicate is by skype, Facebook & twitter or even google "people finder". @ 2am twitter's most talked about subject was #tsunami :(
This to me was a big shock, watching the images play through & just seeing how the water was running throught the agricultural plains. O EM G! i thought to myself. This looks so crazy, so computerized, it is just so crazy! it takes so much for the water to run through & take everything that is in its way.
The earthquake lasted a couple of minutes and happened @ 2:39pm Japanese time. its crazy to think that alot of the japanese people need & depend on taking the subway to their destinations & since power is down, and phone lines are crammed up, they need to walk miles to the different locations they need to be in order to reunite with their kids, spouses, family and friends.
Thankfully alot of Japan's infrastructures since 1980 have needed to meet a construction code so they can be built & be safe in these kinds of situations. Thankfully Japan didnt end in ruins like Haiti. But rebuilding this city & making sure everything goes back to how it was the day of march 10th,2011 @ 2:38pm will take a pretty long time. United States forces are already there and will be helping the Japanese in whatever they may need & the LA search & rescue team is in Pacoima,CA right now packing & making sure that they have everything ready @ hand so they can leave ASAP.
I was terrified that the waves would reach Cali, that today in the morning I would wake up & find my floor wet with a foot or 2 of water. I thanked God that it wasnt that way today when i stepped outside. my mind last night was worrying but I decided to pray and made sure I very well sent my good vibe to the Japanese people so they can be strong & united to overcome this natural disaster. I hope we can all pray for them to get over this soon & send them alot of strength & love through our prayers.

1 comment:

  1. super post!j'aime beaucoup
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete